26 March Bangladesh Independence Day quotes. The Bangladesh Independence Day is a national day. It commemorates the nation’s declaration of Independence in the early hours of 26 March 1970 by the then leader of the nation Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. Sheikh Mujib was given power by a Constituted Government which was supported by a national consensus at a meeting called by the Cabinet.
The constitution drafted by the then Premier P. M. Shahid endorsed by the cabinet meeting was accepted by the people and the government on the day of the Bangladesh Independence Day. The Bangladesh Constituent Assembly approved the declaration of Bangladesh Independence Day by a plenary vote. A Bangladesh Constitution having the provisions of a federal system was drafted by the assembly with the help of the people for the final approval.
26 March Bangladesh Independence Day quotes
- “It is by the goodness of God that in our country we have those three unspeakably precious things: freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, and the prudence never to practice either of them.” –Mark Twain
- “The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off.” –Gloria Steinem
- “The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” –Albert Camus
- “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” –Ronald Reagan
- “If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.” –George Washington
- “Liberty has never come from the government. Liberty has always come from the subjects of it. The history of liberty is a history of resistance.” –Woodrow Wilson
- “For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.” –Nelson Mandela
- “I do not agree with what you have to say, but I’ll defend to the death your right to say it.” –Voltaire
- “We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.” –Thomas Jefferson
- “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” –Benjamin Franklin
Bangladesh Independence Day is observed across the country, with the main celebrations taking place in Dhaka. The Bangladesh constitution guarantees freedom to any citizen of the country and he is allowed to lead a normal life in that regard. The Bangladesh Constituent Assembly has also established the Bangladesh National Assembly as the sole authority who can dissolve the House of Assembly if the latter refuses to pass a resolution on the question of dissolution of the House. All persons belonging to the lower strata of the society are eligible for celebrating the Bangladesh Independence Day. But the formal celebrations do not start until the first day of the month of April. So if you want to join the celebrations, you should know when and where.